Friday, March 20, 2020

REEL 00: COMING ATTRACTIONS

So.

I like movies.  Always have.  Not just the whole theater experience of sitting in the dark eating popcorn and Whoppers (my favorite movie candy) and watching flickering images on a big screen, but watching a story unfold before me on film.  I learned to draw cartoons because I read comic strips and comic books, and I watched Saturday morning cartoons because I was fascinated by the idea of using pictures to tell a story.  Which is what a movie basically does.

Hence, if you are reading this, you are now being offered a membership in the Super 8 Club.  Totally free, no money exchanging hands.

It's an idea I've had for awhile now.  I write a series of books called The MonsterGrrls, and at my website one of the things I do is review horror movies (as do the Grrls, of course, but that's another story) to share my love of horror movies and what inspires me to create MonsterGrrls books.  But we do try to keep MonsterGrrls somewhat family-friendly, plus, not all the movies I like are horror movies.

Hence, Super 8 Club.

So if you just came in, don't worry, because the show will start in a few minutes.  You haven't missed anything.  Sit back, relax, and welcome to the Club.


There you go.




No comments:

Post a Comment